This programme aims to produce graduates who:
- Work as clinical psychologist at various institutions
- Are recognized by the Malaysian Allied Health Profession Act 2016
- Are able to continue their study at doctorate level either in the field of Clinical Psychology or Clinical Neuropsychology.
The programme will be conducted at Universiti Sains Malaysia - KL Campus, Wisma Sejarah, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur and/or Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris - Sultan Azlan Shah Campus, Proton City, Tanjung Malim, Perak. Clinical practicum will be held at different locations such as Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, UPSI Psychology Clinic or any other locations approved by the USM-UPSI Joint Committee.
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Medical Sciences
i. A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 ; (A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology not meeting CGPA of 2.75 (but not lower 2.25) can accepted subject to internal assessment by an independent review panel)
ii. A Bachelor’s degree in any field from recognized universities with minimum CGPA 2.75 of 4.00 AND a minimum 45 credit of prerequisites modules in Psychology taken from Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI) with minimum CGPA 2.75 of 4.00.
iii. A Bachelor’s degree in any field from recognized universities with minimum CGPA 2.75 of 4.00 AND a minimum 30 credit of prerequisites modules in Psychology with minimum CGPA 2.75 of 4.00 AND a Graduate Record Examination United States of America (GREUSA) Subject Test (Psychology) with minimum score of 550 ;
iv. Any relevant of equivalent, experience and requirement accepted by USM-UPSI or any relevant authority in Malaysia in accordance to MQA Program Standards for Psychology.
|Credit Unit (%)||Credit Unit (%)||Credit Unit (%)|
**Candidates who qualify for admissions will be invited to attend pre-entry interviews to complete the application process.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 35 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); or
- A minimum of Band 5 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Advance (CAE); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge Proficiency Advance (CPE); or
- A minimum score of 36 in Pearson Test of English (PTE); or
- A minimum of Band 2 in MUET (Malaysian University English Test)
Exemption can be given if:
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction is English
- Full Time: Min. 4 semesters (2 years), Max. 8 semesters (4 years)
- Part Time : Min. 6 semesters (3 years), Max. 12 semesters (6 years)
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
Registration Fee : 340.00
Tuition Fee : 550.00 X 70 Units = 38,500.00
Convocation Fee : 200.00
Registration Fees : 227.50
Personal Bond : 1000.00
Tuition Fees : 550.00 X 70 Units = 38,500.00
Convocation Fee : 50.00
** Fees are subject to change