This Programme includes research on various fields. The fields offered are as followed:-
Research Thrust Areas:
Study on Mangrove Ecosystems
- Research on various aspects of the dynamics operating in this complex ecosystem such as biological productivity, estuarine hydrodynamics and nutrient fluxes.
Marine Pollution and Toxicology
- Research on the behaviour of environmental pollutants in the estuarine and coastal waters, and their effects on physiological status of marine organisms
- Research on marine aquaculture of fish, seaweed, mollusk and crustacean for sustainability.
Coral Reef Ecosystem
- Research in monitoring, understanding and restoring coral reefs from the microbiology and genetics aspects and also reef processes and the effects of natural and man-made influences on the health and conservation of coral reefs.
Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- Research in the management of the coast using an integrated approach, regarding all aspects of the coastal zone, including geographical and political boundaries, in an attempt to achieve sustainability.
- Research in marine biodiversity, impacts and adaptation to climate change, water quality and ecosystem health.
- Research in the theory and practice of ecological networks to conserve biodiversity; sustainable utilization and conservation of flora and fauna; biodiversity change and sustainable development
Expertise available in the following Centre:
Centre For Marine And Coastal Studies
Candidates are required to possess:
- A Master degree in related field (research mode); or
- A Master’s degree in related area with CGPA 3.00/4; or
- A Master’s degree in related area with CGPA 2.50-2.99/4 with additional requirements; or
- Bachelor’s degree in related area with minimum CGPA 3.67/4 (fast-track to PhD)
In cases where the candidates do not meet the minimum CGPA requirements, research experience or journal publications may be used to support applications.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 60 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ;or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System);or
- A minimum score of 169 in Cambridge English: Advance (CAE);or
- A minimum score of 169 in Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE);or
- A minimum score of 59 in Pearson Test of English (PTE);or
- A minimum score of Band 4 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
**Results must be attached with the application form.
Exemption can be given if:
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction is English
- Full-time : Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters/ Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change