The programme aims to provide knowledge and skills in radiation physics, protection, and dosimetry. The course is designed to produce graduates in Radiation Science with a strong capacity to work effectively as key members of a collaborative team for radiation protection and safety. Successful graduates can expect to have a career as radiation scientist in academic institutions, research institutes or environmental departments.
The programme consists of 40 units of the following four core courses and one compulsory Laboratory work in Semester II.
1st Semester (20 units)
- Radiation Protection I (Core - 4 units)
- Radiation Protection II (Core - 4 units)
- Radiation Physics (Core - 4 units)
- Dosimetry and Radiation Protection (Core - 4 units)
- Practical (Core - 4 units)
2nd Semester (20 units)
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Physics www.usm.my/phy
Applicants should possess the following:
- BSc (Hons) in Physics minimum CGPA of 2.75/4 or equivalent.
- BSc in Physics or equivalent with several years of experience in a relevant field.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change