This programme offers courses on various chemical instrumentation involved in atomic spectroscopy, molecular spectroscopy, surface and thermal analysis, separation methods and environmental pollution and monitoring techniques. These courses will discuss the basic principles for the various techniques and include hands on operation of the various instrumentation involved. A course in quality control in chemistry is also offered. The candidate will undertake a short research project and submit a dissertation based on the project.
- Quality Control in Chemistry
- Atomic Spectroscopy
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Electrochemical Methods
- Separation Methods
- Surface and Thermal Analysis
- Environmental Pollution and
- Monitoring Techniques
Coursework - 20 units Dissertation - 20 units
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Chemical Sciences www.usm.my/chem
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Chemistry or related degree from a recognised university.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75/4 or equivalent.
- A CGPA between 2.5/4 - 2.75/4 and at least one year's working experience.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
- MUET Band 4
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 8 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change