Candidates must take and obtain a good pass in all five courses offered.
- Statistical Inference0
- Stochastic Processes
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Statistical Reliability
- Linear Models
A candidate will do research on a chosen topic with the guidance of a supervisor at the end of which a dissertation must be submitted.
The award of the degree is subject to obtaining good passes in the courses taken and the successful completion of the dissertation, which will be examined by internal and external examiners.
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Mathematical Sciences www.mat.usm.my/math
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree (Hons.) majoring in Statistics or related discipline.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75/4 or equivalent.
International candidates must possess one of the following:-
- A minimum score of 550 in TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language) (Paper-based); or
- A minimum score of 213 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (computer-based); or
- A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language) (Internet-based); or
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 8 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change