This programme exposes candidates to up-to-date theoretical and experimental aspects of Solid State Physics. The students will explore the journey of knowledge and practical experience from sand to optical communication system. Candidates will also be trained to equip them with the capability of addressing physicist related problems as engineers in the semiconductor and solid state lighting industry.
The programme consists of 40 units of the following four core courses, three elective courses, two practical courses and one compulsory research project.
- Solid State Physics I (core - 4 units)
- X-Ray Structure Analysis (elective - 4 units)
- Measurement and Experimental Techniques I (core - 4 units)
- Physics of Optical Communication (elective - 4 units)
- Solid State Physics II (core - 4 units)
- Semiconductor Physics (core - 4 units)
- Measurement and Experimental Techniques II (core - 4 units)
- Semiconductor Devices (elective - 4 units)
- Research Project (compulsory - 8 units)
Applicants should possess the following:
- BSc (Hons) in Physics minimum CGPA of 2.75/4 or equivalent.
- BSc in Physics or equivalent with several years of experience in a relevant field.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
- MUET Band 4
Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change