The programme aims to provide knowledge and skills as a senior medical physicist. The course is designed to produce graduates in medical physics with a strong capacity to work effectively in operating and maintaining medical equipments. Successful graduates are expected to have a career as medical physicist in hospital, academic institutions or research institutes.
The programme comprises 40 units of the following five core courses, two elective courses, two practical courses and one compulsory research project.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (core - 4 units)
- Radiation Physics (core - 4 units)
- Dosimetry and Radiation Protection (core - 4units)
- Physics of Diagnostic Radiology (core - 4 units)
- Medical Physics Practical (core - 4 units)
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiotherapy Physics (core - 4 units)
- Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (elective - 2 units)
- Radiobiology and Radiation Chemistry (elective - 2 units)
- Medical Physics Practical II (core - 4 units)
- Research Project (compulsory - 8 units)
Applicants should possess the following:
- BSc in Physics minimum CGPA of 3.00/4 or equivalent.
- BSc in Physics or equivalent with several years of experience in a relevant field.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
- MUET Band 4
Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
February & September
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change