The School of Industrial Technology offers PhD degrees by research in the fields of Food Technology, Bioresource, Paper & Coatings Technology, Environmental Technology and Bioprocess Technology. The objective of the programme is to provide candidates with the opportunity to further their studies and to achieve academic maturity via research that is beneficial and significant to the community at large. The academic staff have active and well-funded research programme and candidates can associate themselves with these projects as post graduate students attached to specific laboratories. The laboratories are well equipped with the latest analytical and processing equipment’s to support the research programme.
Research Thrust Areas:
- Environmental Technology
- Chemical Process Technology
- Supercritical Fluid Technology
- Liquid Membrane Separations Technology
- Environmental Auditing
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Regulations and Compliance
- Environmental Modeling
- Environmental Engineering Operations
- Renewable & Sustainable Energy Technology
- Energy Recovery Technology
- Risk Assessment & Management
- Energy Audit & Management
- Fate of Pollutant in Environment
- Environmental Atmospheric Boundary Layer & Urban air pollution
- Wind Energy Technology
- Environmental Pollution Control
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Industrial Technology
Applicants should possess one of the following:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s (CGPA >3.67/4) degree in a related area.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change