Opportunities are available to suitably qualified graduates to carry out research in natural product chemistry and drug discovery, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, dosage form design and formulation development, pharmaceutical biotechnology, pharmaceutical microbiology, drug delivery systems, traditional medicine, pharmacognosy, analytical chemistry, biosciences and neural sciences, hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy, public health pharmacy, sociobehavioural aspects of pharmacy, pharmaceutical economics, pharmacoepidemiology, medicines policy and administrative aspects of pharmacy.
Transdisciplinary research is encouraged within the School and with other Schools within the university. There are also opportunities to be involved in research projects which are carried out in collaboration with other universities, institutions, industry and community in Malaysia, as well as abroad.
Research projects in the following areas are available:
- Social Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Management
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Pharmacy Practice
- Public Health Pharmacy
- Health Related Quality of Life Studies
- Pharmaceutical Financing
- Health Systems Research
- Pharmaceutical Policy
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree (CGPA >3.67) in a related area in Science; OR
- A Master’s degree in a related area in Science (research mode); OR
- A Master’s degree in a related area in Science (coursework/mixed-mode) with a CGPA of 3.00 or above.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change