These programs are offered to those candidates who satisfy the Bachelor of Science pre-requisites for entry into a pure research mode for Masters of Science (Neurosciences) as well as satisfying entry pre-requisites with a recognized Masters degree to pursue a PhD by Pure research mode. Transdisciplinary and translational neurosciences are emphasized in the research degree programs offered by Center for Neuroscience Services and Research (P3Neuro). Supervision will be done by both clinical, applied and fundamental neuroscientists and those doing research in the fields associated with neurosciences from all USM Campuses. Field supervisors and other relevant supervisors may be chosen to supervise certain aspects of the students research if required and relevant to the study. Most research will depend on the existing internal and external grants supporting the center’s research unless the student is involved with his/her own grant sufficient enough to support a 3-4 year PhD research or a 2-3 year MSc Research Program.
- Developmental Neurosciences
- Behavioral Neurosciences
- Theoritical, Computational Neurosciences and Neuroinformatics
- Systems Neuroscience and Brain Mapping
- Neurosciences in Education: Primary School and Learning, Secondary School and Learning, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Learning
- Cognitive Neurosciences
- Neuropharmacology and Medical Chemistry
- Models, Best Practices Interface of Neurosciences with All Liberal Arts Discipline
- Neurosciences in Music
- Neural Engineering
- Neuro Biomedical Engineering
- Transdisciplinary Neurosciences Research
- Neuromarketing and Neuroeconomics
- Neurosciences and Society, Philosophy of Neurosciences
- Neurosciences and Culture
- Neurological Disease and Aging
- Regenerative Neurosciences and Stem Cell Sciences
Siti Sarah Shamsudin
Center for Neuroscience Services and Research
Applicants should possess one of the following:
- A Master's Degree (min. CGPA 3.00/4.00); or
- A Master's Degree (Pass); or
- Bachelor's (CGPA>3.67/4) degree in a related area.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ; OR
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or Passed USMs Intensive English Course Level 4.
- Results must be attached with the application form.
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change