The programme aims to provide a strong fundamental understanding in the field of molecular medicine through comprehensive student-centred learning activities and a practical, hands-on experience in research and entrepreneurial aspects of the biomedical field. The programme has an emphasis on translational research with a focus on biomarker discovery and the development of vaccines and therapeutics.
The programme consists of three semesters. In the first semester, candidates will undertake core courses. In the second semester students can select a research- or an industry-focused pathway allowing them to customize learning that will be relevant towards their career goals. A research project will be carried out in the second and third semesters.
Semester I (12 units)
- Molecular Basis of Diseases
- Diagnostic Technologies & Biological Markers Discovery
- Vaccines & Novel Therapeutics
Semester II (8 units)
- Managing a Biomedical-based Business
- Technology Management & Intellectual Property
- Regulations & Quality Management Systems for the Biomedical Industry
- Project Management in Research
- Current Trends in Molecular Medicine Research I
- Current Trends in Molecular Medicine Research II
Semester II & III (30 units)
Expertise available in the following Institute:
Institute for Research in Molecular Medicine
Applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in a related field with CGPA ≥ 2.75/4.00 .
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- MUET minimum scor Band 4
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 3 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 12 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change