A 4-year postgraduate programme. Graduate in this programme will be conferred Master of Medicine (Transfusion Medicine). The main aim of offering this programme is to produce Transfusion Medicine Specialist.
Graduates of this programme will be able to function more effectively in the Transfusion Medicine Department. They will be able to perform tasks in the field of transfusion medicine, stem cell transplant, organ transplant and cord blood storage. Graduates would be capable of playing an active role in research and contribute further towards the Research and Development in Transfusion Medicine. The need for specialists in this field is vital for the National Health Service.
This course is divided into 3 phases :
- Phase 1 : Year 1 Theory and laboratory – based practicals
- Phase 2 : Year 2 & 3 Clinical Apprenticeship Research
- Phase 3 : Year 4 Specialist-in-Training and Research
Applicants should possess the following:
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
Durations : Full-time : Min. 4 years / Max. 7 years
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change