Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by research mode, which is specifically designed to produce professional engineers and experts who are able to conduct systematic research and able to blend theoretical and practical aspects of learning according to the relevant needs of the industrial public sectors and nations. With the same objective, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering offer postgraduates study by research mode at Masters of Science (MSc) level. This programme is designed to produce candidates with significant skill of conducting systematic research and prepare them for further study up to PhD level.
Research Thrust Areas:
- RF system and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Wireless & mobile systems
- Antenna & propagation
- Microwave & satellite systems
- Digital signal processing
- Distributed computing
- Software engineering
Control & Automation
- Sensors & Instrumentation
- Computational intelligence
- Industrial automation control
- Advanced digital systems
- Integrated circuit design
- Device modelling & characterization
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS)
- Analogue and digital IC design
Power Systems & Electrical Machines
- Power electronics & devices
- Power system & energy conversion
- Electrical machine & drives
- Power quality management
Requirements of graduation:
(i) Complete MSc thesis
(ii) Pass viva-voce
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Applicants should possess one of the following:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s (CGPA >3.67/4) degree in related areas.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change