The main thrust areas of this programme are in advanced ceramics, metallurgy, heat treatment, advanced composites and semiconductor materials. A short research project within these areas can be chosen. Students have to complete the research project in semester 2 and 3.
- Materials Characterization Techniques
- Materials Laboratory
- Phase Diagrams & Equilibria
- Research Project
- Quality Management
- Industrial Heat Treatment
- Composite Materials
- Corrosion & Protection
- Ceramic Processing
- Electronic Materials and Optical Devices
- Advanced Electronic Packaging
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Materials & Mineral Resources Engineering http://material.eng.usm.my/v4
Applicants should possess one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (Hons.) with min. CGPA 2.75/4.00 or equivalent.
- Extensive working experience in related fields.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change