Programme MA (Higher Education) for research focus on specific areas in the field of higher education research that aim to highlight issues related to policy, governance, leadership, curriculum, pedagogy, innovation and the internationalization of higher education at the national and international levels. Each research field of higher education offered will cover sub areas related to the field of higher education studies, as shown in the following table:
|Research Programme||Research Field|
Policy, Governance and Leadership in Higher Education
• Higher Education Policy Studies
• The issue of governance in higher education
• Leadership and management of higher education
• The delivery system of higher education
Curriculum, Pedagogy and Innovation in Higher Education
• Curriculum design of higher education
• Pedagogy and innovation in higher education
• The issue of learning in higher education
• Online learning in higher education
• Evaluation and assessment in higher education
Internationalisation in Higher Education
• Globalisation in higher education
• Primary and international perspective in the development of higher education
To provide graduates with in-depth knowledge, research capacity building, improvement of intellectual capital and the development of knowledge and new ideas in the field of higher education. Students who join this program will have the research ability to systematically, scientifically and creatively plan, identify and resolve problems and issues related to higher education through research that can contribute to improved knowledge , ethics and professionalism in the field of higher education at the national and international level.
This programme helps equip and develop the field of higher education research at national and international levels in accordance with the aspirations of the Malaysian Education Blueprint (Higher Education) 2015-2025 which aims to promote excellence in higher education nationally and internationally.
At the end of the program, graduates are able to: -
1. Contribute knowledge, ideas and solutions to problems and development knowledge in the field of higher education
2. Acquire the skills to conduct research in the field of higher education competently, professionally, ethically and independently
3. Generate information and knowledge of the principles, theories and research methodology to solve the problem through research
4. Demonstrate effective communication, quality intellectual and academic level in the community of researchers and scholars in the field of higher education and to establish cooperation between researchers
5. Disseminate research results holistically to practitioners, researchers and the public
6. Raise awareness about the career development of professionals in the field of higher education
7. Improve the capacity, knowledge and skills in governance, leadership, policy, curriculum, pedagogy and international perspective of the higher education sector
For further info, please contact:
Assoc. Prof. Dr Hazri Jamil
Noorazmahani Md Kasim
Tel: +604 - 653 5758
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Master’s degree with CGPA 3.00/4 or
- Bachelor’s (CGPA 3.67/4) degree in a related field.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
Part-time: Min 6 semesters /Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change