This programme is designed to develop graduates who can understand Islamic values and perspectives, and the diverse areas of Islamic knowledge. They should be able to analyse contemporary issues in global context.
The research focuses on a broad range of disciplines, including art in Islam, role & influence of Islamic Civilization in Southeast Asian, Philosophy & History of Islamic Civilization and Islamic Thinking.
Under the supervision of one or more academic members, candidate will create a research proposal and formulate their own methodology for research. This will allow them to develop their creative and analytical skills in solving real-world issues and problems.
Candidates who join this programme have the option of choosing part-time or full-time status to suit their personal and work schedule.
Research Thrust Areas:
Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Art in Islam
- Role and Influence of Islamic Civilisation in Southeast Asia
- Philosophy and History of Islamic Civilisation
- History and Philosophy of Islamic Science
- Islamic Thought
- Islamic Civilisation
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Humanities
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Master’s degree with CGPA 3.00/4 or
- Bachelor’s (CGPA 3.67/4) degree in a related field.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 35 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ; OR
- A minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Advance (CAE); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge Proficiency Advance (CPE); or
- A minimum score of 36 in Pearson Test of English (PTE); or
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction at Bachelor and Master level is English; or
- English courses offered by British Council (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council ); or
- English courses from selected Malaysian public/private University or institution (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council)
Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
Part-time: Min 6 semesters /Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change