The programme aims to train and prepare students to manage development in the Islamic way. It is the first academic programme that integrates the Islamic-based fields of development and management in a holistic way.
The programme is trans-disciplinary in nature and as such can be pursued by candidates from various fields of study, whether from the art-based disciplines such as management, development, economics, political science, sociology, anthropology, communication, history, geography, literature; from the science-based disciplines or from the field of Islamic Studies.
Candidates who have been accepted into the programme will have the opportunity to benefit from the existence of, utilise the facilities offered by, and participate in activities organised by the Centre for Islamic Development Management Studies (ISDEV) which pioneers this field of study.
Each candidate must accumulate forty (40) credit hours which comprise four (4) compulsory course consisting of four (4) credit hours, and a dissertation which carries twenty (20) credit hours.
- Islamic Tasawur and Epistemology
- Islamic Development Management
- Islamic Research Methodology
- Human Capital Development
- Management Methods for Development
- Islamic-based Development Strategy
- Islamic Asset and Fund Development
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Social Sciences www.soc.usm.my
Applicants should possess one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in related areas.
- Other Bachelor’s degree with related working experience.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
- MUET Band 4
- Full-time: Min 18 months / Max 36 months
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change