The programme is designed to train social work practitioners to become more holistic social workers who are skillful and competent.
Core Courses (28 units)
Candidates are required to accumulate 44 units from core, theoretical courses, areas of specialisation, methodology courses and dissertation. List of courses offered are as follows:
- Advanced Social Work Theories with Individuals and Families
- Advanced Social Work Theories with Group and Community
- Social Policy & Social Services
- Integrated Social Work Seminar
- Social Work Education
- Health and Well Being
- Social Services Management
- Advanced Social Work Research
- Independent Studies
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Social Sciences www.soc.usm.my
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree with a CGPA of 3.00/4 or equivalent in a related field.
- Any Bachelor's degree with working experience related to the field of study.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
- MUET Band 4
- Full-time: Min 18 months / Max 36 months
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change