The programme incorporates a balance among the various kinds of knowledge and skills required by a public administrator. Candidates are required to accumulate 44 units from core and elective courses
Core Courses (32 units)
- Public Administration and the Political System
- Research Methods
- Organisational Management
- Economics for The Public Sector
- Government and Politics in Malaysia
- Public Sector Management
- Issues in the Malaysian Economy
- Public Policy Analysis and Design
Elective Courses (12 units)
- Case Studies in Managing Public Policy
- Ethics and Administration
- Globalisation and Regionalism
- Environment, Development and Policy
- Independent Studies
- Research Project
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree with a CGPA of 3.00/4 or equivalent in a related field.
- Any Bachelor's degree with working experience related to the field of study.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
- MUET Band 4
- Full-time: Min 3 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 12 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change