The DBA programme at GSB aims to achieve the following inter-related goals:
- Produce business leaders who possess advanced knowledge from the core business disciplines and have the ability to integrate them to enhance their decision-making skills,
- Produce business leaders with advanced and relevant skills in conducting scientific research, consultation and training for both public and private organisations,
- Provide knowledge of the modern techniques and tools that can be utilised to enhance and develop innovative practices in their respective organizations,
- Produce business leaders with the ability to view problems systematically, holistically and unravel complex business issues and subsequently provide practical and innovative solutions, and
- Stimulate creativity, critical and ethical thinking and to equip business leaders with skills in managing change and transforming organisations within the dynamic global business environment.
The DBA Programme is delivered in 3 parts through a series of lecture seminars, consultancy, training and independent study.
Part I: Theoretical Updating (18 units)
Seminar in: i. Management Control and Decision Making ii. Human Capital Transformation iii. Financial Decision Making iv. Managing Technology and Decision Making v. Marketing and Global Business vi. Trend and Foresights in Business Strategy
Part II: Knowledge Dissemination and Generation (21 units)
This part is divided into 2 components: i. Dissemination of knowledge: The Consultation and Training Course (15 units) requires the candidate to conduct consultancy and training in a chosen field. This course is completed in 2 semesters. ii. Generation of knowledge The Research Methodology course (6 units) requires the candidate to update knowledge in research methodology, statistical techniques and statistical software packages. The candidate needs to prepare a research proposal, which will serve as the basis for the dissertation in Part III. This course is completed in two semesters.
Part III: Dissertation (42 units)
This is the part where candidates are supervised through the process of a dissertation and upon completion, are examined viva voce. This course is completed in 3 semesters.
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Master's degree in Management or Master Business Administration (MBA) from a recognised university by the USM's Senate or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 or equivalent.
- Degree awarded by local private Institutions of higher learning including those awarded under any collaborative/franchising schemes with local or foreign partners must be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Pass the Interview to candidate who do not achieve above requirement.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full time: 7 semesters to 10 semesters)
- Part time: 10 semesters to 14 semesters)
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change