This mode provides students with the opportunity to develop sound understanding of major communication theories and research specifically in the study of journalism, communication and societal issues, technology and culture.
Students are required to complete 40 units comprising three core courses and a dissertation.
Core Courses (12 units)
• Advanced Communication Theory.
• Quantitative Communication Research Methods.
• Qualitative Communication Research Methods.
Dissertation (28 units)
Students are required to conduct a research in a communication-related area under the supervision of an academic staff and write a dissertation of about 25,000 words.
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Communication
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related areas.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75/4 or equivalent.
- Degrees awarded by local private institutions of higher learning including those awarded under any collaborative/franchising schemes with local or international partners must be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ; OR
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of insrtuction at Bachelor and Master level is English; or
- English courses offered by British Council (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council); or
- English courses offered by School of Language, Literacies and Translation (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council
- Malaysian applicants should obtain a least a credit in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM level or its equivalent
- Results must be attached with the application form.
- Full-time: Min 18 months / Max 36 months
- Part-time: Min 36 months / Max 60 months
February & September
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change