This programme is designed for students who wish to develop theoretical knowledge and production skills in film and video in the context of new media technology. This programme will also examine current global issues relating to the electronic media as well as issues of convergence and the interface between film, television and multimedia.
This programme requires students to complete 40 units of coursework which include a major research project and a film
or a video production.
- Film Theory and Methods
- Film History
- Film Aesthetics
- Television and Society
- Television Genre and Analysis
- Graduate Research Project
- Screen Production
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Communication www.usm.my/comn
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree (with Hons) in related areas.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent.
- Degrees awarded by local private institutions of higher learning including those awarded under any collaborative/franchising schemes with local or foreign partners must be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Malaysian applicants should obtain at least a credit in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM level or its equivalent.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); OR
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ; OR
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ; OR
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of insrtuction at Bachelor and Master level is English; or
- English courses offered by British Council (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council); or
- English courses offered by School of Language, Literacies and Translation (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council
- Malaysian applicants should obtain a least a credit in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM level or its equivalent
- Results must be attached with the application form.
- Full-time: Min 3 semesters / Max 6 semesters
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change