TWAS-USM Visiting Researcher
- TWAS-USM Visiting Researchers Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of one month to a maximum of three months at a school/department of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). For a complete list of schools and departments at USM see http://www.usm.my/index.php/en/directories/academic.
- USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 55 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences and a regular research assignment with at least five years of postdoctoral research experience.
- Provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS), USM to TWAS. Requests for preliminary acceptance letter must be directed to the Dean, Institute of Postgraduate Studies, USM who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- In contacting the Dean applicants must accompany their request for a Preliminary Acceptance Letter via email to Profesor Dr. Rozman Bin Hj Din
- Filling in an Application Form ONLY (http://www.ips.usm.my/index.php/downloads2/category/45-twas)
- Latest CV
- List of Publications
- PhD degree certificate
- Front page of publication
- Letter of recommendation from current employer (date: DD/MM/2015)
- A summary proposal (maximum: 3 pages)
The deadline for submitting application to USM is on 15 June 2015 (Monday)
- Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the fellowships "for research collaboration", all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and OWSD that are mutually exclusive.
- Incomplete/unsigned applications will NOT be accepted. This also applies to submissions by fax and electronic mail which must include all enclosures and be signed (either digitally or by including a scanned signature).
- Applications will ONLY be acknowledged when processed.
- Successful candidates will be notified by February of the year following the application.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
Profesor Dr. Rozman Bin Hj Din
Dean, Institute of Postgraduate Studies
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
11800 Penang, Malaysia